Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
This is what a Reiki Healing Session involves;
During a Reiki session the therapist places their hands lightly on or over specific areas of the head, limbs, and torso using different hand shapes, for between 2 and 5 minutes. If there is a particular injury, such as a burn, the hands may be held just above the wound. While the healer holds their hands lightly on or over the body, the transfer of energy takes place. During this time, the practitioner’s hands may be warm and tingling. Each hand position is held until the practitioner senses that the energy has stopped flowing. When the practitioner feels that the heat, or energy, in their hands has abated, they will remove their hands and may place them over a different area of the body.
Reiki healing benefits to your body;
- Promotes Harmony & Balance. Reiki helps to promote harmony and balance.
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension.
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit.
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins and supports the immune system.
- Clears the mind and improves focus as you feel grounded & centred.