Reflexology is a form of complementary’ medicine and involves a method of treatment using massage to reflex areas found in the feet and the hands. Most commonly, the feet are used as the areas to be treated. In the feet, there are reflex areas corresponding to all the parts of the body and these areas are arranged in such a way as to form a map of the body in the feet with the right foot corresponding to the right side of the body and the left foot corresponding to the left side of the body. By having the whole body represented in the feet, the method offers a means of treating the whole body and of treating the body as a whole.
This is what Reflexology involves;
For this treatment you will be fully clothed and relax on a warm massage couch in a secure environment to ensure you are able to completely find peace and calm throughout.
Conditions that may benefit from Reflexology
- Anxiety & stress
- Digestive disorders
- Muscular conditions
- Pain relief & control
- Pre-menstrual syndrome & all female related problems
- Respiratory problems
- Spine, skeletal & joint problems
- Sleep disorders, insomnia
- Thyroid problems
After your reflexology appointment we recommend you rest if possible, drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol.
Benefits to your body;
- Balances the body and promotes self-healing
- Enables the body and mind to enter a state of deep relaxation
- Boosts the immune system, stimulates the circulation.
- Helps to remove toxins and boosts energy levels
- Brings about a sense of calm and peace through the balancing of the body’s energy centres
- Releases blockages in prana, chi, the vital life force energy that runs through the body