Aromatherapy massage involves the therapeutic use of essential oils which are incorporated into the treatment. These aromatic plant essences are selected for individual patients after a careful consultation. Each essential oil has distinct properties which can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions such as migraine, muscle problems, skin conditions, insomnia and respiratory disorders. The oils are diluted with a carrier oil and applied to the skin as part of the massage for absorption into the blood stream. The effects can last several days.
This is what an Aromatherapy Massage involves;
Oils are extracted from plants and trees and these are then blended by a therapist, with a carrier oil (such as sweet almond, avocado, peach, calendula or many more). We mix the essential oils with some of the most beneficial carrier oils together to give your skin a luxurious treat.This blended mix is then massaged into the body where it immediately begins to enter the systems of the body through the skin cells.
Benefits to your body;
- To induce a feeling of calm, tranquillity and deep relaxation
- Stimulating to the blood and lymphatic systems
- Detoxifying, helping the body to cleanse and eliminate toxins more quickly and effectively
- Strengthening to the immune system, helping to fight and prevent disease
- Balancing to the body and mind, aiding holistic, or whole body, healing on many levels